Terms and Conditions
You must agree to the following terms and conditions for the usage of this website and any testing services provided by New Jersey Laboratories.
- Results of your tick testing will never be shared with any third party. They will only be emailed or mailed to the information provided when the tick sample is submitted for testing. Results will not be shared on the phone.
- None of your contact information will ever be shared with any third party.
- New Jersey Laboratories will never contact you for any reason besides the testing of the tick sample.
- Your credit card information is neither collected nor stored by New Jersey Laboratories.
- Any unused DNA from tick samples shall be stored at New Jersey Laboratories for any additional testing requested in the future by the client, or for our method development and quality control purposes only. We will hold the unused DNA for 4 months. After the 4 months, we will discard the DNA.
- New Jersey Laboratories retains the right to refuse testing on a sample it doesn’t consider to be a tick.
- Although DNA testing is a highly sensitive technique, copies of bacterial genome present in extremely low quantity may not be detected and give a false negative result. Highly damaged ticks may also give false negative results. New Jersey Laboratories is not responsible for any false negative or false positive results that might occur during the testing of the ticks.
- New Jersey Laboratories is proud of the integrity of its testing program and strives for utmost accuracy. Results will not be reported until they have met our stringent quality control requirements. See our Quality Assurance Statement regarding tick testing.
- New Jersey Laboratories generally needs a turn-around time of 5 business days to test a tick and report results. In peak tick season, that turn-around time could be up to 7 business days or longer.
- Because we have stringent quality control requirements to ensure accuracy and integrity of our testing, some reports may take up to two weeks or longer. The client will be contacted if we need extra time to finish testing.
Limitation of Liability
- New Jersey Laboratories will not be liable for penalties or any damages or for special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages of any type or kind.
- New Jersey Laboratories shall not be liable for any delay or failure of performance, including without limitation failure to perform testing, where such delay or delay arises or results from any cause beyond New Jersey Laboratories’ reasonable control or unforeseen circumstances.